Canada's Web 2.0, Social Media, Word of Mouth & Experiential Marketing Gurus Launch an Entirely New Type of Agency -- "inukshuk"
Toronto, ON - Dec 2, 2006 - On December 6th, 2006, thirteen of Canada's brightest all-stars in the web 2.0, social media, word of mouth and experiential marketing space will launch a new a revolution in marketing and communication agencies to Canada called "inukshuk - Canada's Connected Consumer Agency".
Each professional brings their own well-recognized credentials and specialized expertise for dealing with this consumer-connected marketing world. "The mission of our company inukshuk is to provide the best, most leading edge marketing and media support and innovation for Canadian clients who are dealing with a lack of consumer time, attention and trust in a world of media and marketplace clutter. We are the new agency of the future - inukshuk - Canada's consumer connected agency for forward -thinking marketers!" said the founder.
The agency can hardly be called boutique as they have already lined up 30 high profile Fortune 500 clients and now that word has finally arrived of their impending launch, the partners admit their biggest challenge will be supporting all the new interested client partners. "We are currently looking to staff our new hatchling agency with over 100 of the brightest and creative minds in the business" said one of the founding partners. Craigslist and Monster Canada report that this launch surpasses the most resumes ever submitted for a marketing, media or communications posting.
Inukshuk will bring the modern marketing all-stars - the absolute best in the Canadian "new marketing" business to deliver on the following 13 areas:
- Web 2.0
- Viral advertising
- Social network media
- Social network research
- Word of mouth
- Experiential marketing
- Grassroots community building and sponsorship
- Virtual communities/advergaming
- Blogger/citizen media outreach
- User generated media
- Non-traditional media
Similar to Grip when they launched as an ad agency-based model, the agency will be managed as 13 equal partnerships with an expected market capitalization of $150 million based on expected initial client demand.
The names of the partners will be introduced on Wednesday at inukshuk's party in Second Life. The launch will also be accompanied by:
- a VIP-invitation only party of key industry influencers in a 15,000 square foot Inukshuk shaped ice bar at an undisclosed location (have you received your invite yet?)
- the upload of the company avatar and profile on the top 10 social media networks including My Space & Facebook
- a manifesto for the new company launched in the form of a YouTube documentary
- the launch of a new Inukshuk single malt scotch and estate wine in 20 exclusive bars and lounges across Canada to coincide with the launch and
- a viral ad starring endorsers Malcolm Gladwell, Seth Godin, Joe Jaffe, Jeffrey Bezos, Joi Ito, Guy Kawasaki, Alex Wipperfurth, B.L. Ochman, Ben McConnell, Andy Sernowitz and Robert Scoble in a parody-based mashup with the Honda Cog ad and a special cartoon strip forward by Gaping Void (don't miss this one!)
As one of Inukshuk's clients added "we believe so strongly in the weight of this new consumer connected world and what inukshuk offers, we will be appropriating our entire marketing budget to the Inukshuk team to manage a variety of non-traditional marketing and media activities. This isn't play money anymore - their stuff actually works."
THIS IS A MOCK POST - SORRY TO LONELY GIRL YOU , BUT THIS WOULD BE GREAT TO DREAM UP...OR MAYBE EVEN DO....HMMM.