Check this out - The Canadian Marketing Association's "From Mass to Grass" returns again this year on June 12 in Toronto at a very cool summer-friendly venue (Pavilion at Ontario Place).
Nowhere in Canada will you find a more entertaining and remarkable set of speakers dedicated to getting their companies noticed and talked about. Sure, there are other great conferences in Canada - mesh and ICE have their devoted followings, and for good reason.
Whereas they deal with various facets of the new online and media environments in great depth, "From Mass to Grass" is designed to tie together these disciplines and shape insights and fully integrated strategies for progressive business people, marketers, entrepreneurs, agency people and media folk alike.
If we don't all know it yet, you will after this conference - there is no more potent force to shaping consumer attitudes and changing customer behavior than word of mouth. It has its own orientation, its own tactics, style of communication, media, targeting, emphasis, measurement and success principles and deserves its place alongside the more traditional practices of advertising, promotion, PR, online and innovation.
My personal mission is to ensure future rainmakers, firestarters, headline stealers and start uppers have an understanding of what's out there, why it works so well, the nitty-gritty of how to make it work for you and some of the watchouts. I promise you, you will drink from the "fire hose" of buzz-driven insight...at "From Mass to Grass".
So as conference founder, I'm exceptionally happy to be chairing Canada's mecca for word of mouth for a second year with a star-studded roster of over 30 speakers and topics you have asked for in the past, check out this lineup:
- Julie Cole & Tricia Mumby, Founders- Mabel's Labels "Word of Mouth Works in the Mama Market" - and their amazing Canadian grassroots success changing the way we think about and market to mommies
- Chris Matthews, Specialized Bikes - Vigilante Organization - Global Efforts in Building brand Awesomeness and a Sense of Brand Community - a guide for large companies on how to evoke the passion of your customer base regardless of your size
- Jim Button, VP Marketing, Big Rock Brewery - tales of great craft beer community tapping word of mouth building from its grassroots headquarters in Calgary
- William Azaroff, VanCity - a not-for-profit example of what you can do when you say "yes we can", the triple bottom line success of VanCity credit union and a webby award nominee sponsored social network "Change Everything"
- I'll also be conducting a rapidfire session "In the Rainmaker's Studio" with 5 consummate WOM Canadian pros - asking them the important questions and getting their unique indivudal perspectives
Patrick Thorburn - Co-Founder, Matchstick (influencer WOM, product seeding)
Nothing is more aggravating than having a hotbed of talent and not asking the right questions (file under Sarah Lacy). We have the best group of moderators you'll ever find at any conference in Canada teeing it up for "From Mass to Grass":
Mitch Joel, President, Twist Image and ringleader behind blog and podcast Six Pixels of Separation - what can you say about Mitch that hasn't been covered, he's Seth Godin North (kind of looks like him too)
Joseph Thornley, CEO, Thornley Fallis - champion of PR's ride into social media, omnipresent and omniscient social networker, author of ProPR, the Gepetto of Third Tuesday's revival in Canada and change agent
Kate Trgovac, President & Chief Evangelist, LintBucket Media - social media goddess, Duchess of One Degree - Canada's hitching post for online stuff, author of one of my fave blogs My Name is Kate and uber laptop bag maven
David Jones, VP, Digital Communications, Hill & Knowlton - as he's better known "The Professor"(for his altruistic efforts to thought lead the Canadian media world into the new digital age), the intelligent voice behind the Inside PR podcast, PR Works blog and H&K's master online flack
I would be remiss if I didn't once again mention the "brains"and "energy" behind this conference...
My other colleague's post of "From Mass to Grass":
David at PR Works "Psst...50 dollars off CMA Word of Mouth Conference...Pass It On"
Kate at My Name is Kate "From Mass to Grass Returns"
Mitch at Six Pixels of Separation "SPOS #88"