Come join me on May 26th in Toronto for a breakfast roundtable and learn/brush up on the essential skills of Word of Mouth, Social Media and Community Building.
Happy to working with the Canadian Marketing Association again this year on a more intimate version of the "From Mass to Grass" conference I've chaired the last two years.
Ten reasons to pop in, say hi and learn something:
1) Breakfast, who doesn't like muffins, coffee and that fruit tray with a high density of strawberries?
2) New proprietary research back on all fronts - get the facts with the sizzle, why compromise on just one type of advice - get the inspiration with the perspiration-filled insight?
3) An intimate environment allows you to ask any question in front of a motivated group of 30 rather than than the short, glib answer in front of 400 of your industry brethren
4) Advice from Canada's Word of Mouth "Mike Holmes" - I'll show you how to do it right the first time, don't take the risk on a first time, Johnny-come-lately, expert
5) Networking opportunity with other progressive marketeers and other forward-leaning professionals
6) The key numbers - understand the 12 arguments on why word of mouth trumps traditional media in a stressed economy, the 12 key types of word-of-mouth marketing and when to use them, the 9 types of community and when to build them and the 36 basic reasons why people talk
7) Myth-busting -so much bad information, old rules of thumbs, questionable activity and false bravado - let's strip away the hard outer shell and get to the nougat centre of progressive marketing/media
8) Customer-centricity - this is what your CEO cares about, not your new ad campaign - get qualified with a school of new tactics that get you closer to the front lines and thus, more valuable in the eyes of management
9) Examples, Examples, Examples - this is not just pretty powerpoint, we'll give you powerful real life examples (ours and others) and guidebook to take away back to the office
10) Did I mention coffee? Damn...hmmm.. how about a Get Out of Jail Free Card - a free 1/2 hour session with your truly in advance, in the midst of or after your next social grassroots effort
More news to follow on an executive level, grassroots marketing thinktanklater in this year, but for a practical guide and 101/201 version on how to start, plan, justify, seed, incubate, spread and measure a palette load of grassroots media/marketing, I may be biased but you won't find a better forum the first half of this year - so come join me for a decadent, chocolate filled croissant.